- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup plus 1 1/3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups cooked, mashed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream
- Toasted pecans
How to Make It
Cream butter; gradually add 1/3 cup sugar and 1 egg, beating well. Gradually add flour, stirring until well blended. Firmly press mixture into bottom and halfway up sides of a 9-inch Springform pan. Set aside.
Beat cream cheese at medium speed of an electric mixer until smooth; gradually add remaining sugar, beating well. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Combine pumpkin, spices, and salt; stir well, and add to cream cheese mixture. Mix well. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool to room temperature; chill overnight. Remove sides from Springform pan.
Pipe whipped cream in a decorative design around base and on top of cake. Garnish with pecans.