Remarkable! I made it for my mom and she loved it thanks! She also admired the recipes that I’ve got from www.gourmandia.com and www.Everything-cake.com That I’ve made for her these sites are certainly amazing!
Pumpkin Cheese Ball
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro, Laura Zapalowski
Shape the Cheddar and cream cheese mixture into the shape of a small pumpkin and add a broccoli stem to serve as the stem. Serve with fresh apple wedges for an autumn appetzier.
Yield: 16 servings
- 2 (8-ounce) blocks extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) container chive-and-onion cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 broccoli stalk
- Red and green apple wedges
- Combine Cheddar cheese and next 4 ingredients in a bowl until blended. Cover and chill 4 hours or until mixture is firm enough to be shaped.
- Shape mixture into a ball to resemble a pumpkin. Smooth entire outer surface with a frosting spatula or table knife. Make vertical grooves in ball, if desired, using fingertips.
- Cut florets from broccoli stalk, and reserve for another use. Cut stalk to resemble a pumpkin stem, and press into top of cheese ball. Serve cheese ball with apple wedges.
- Note: To make ahead, wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap without stalk, and store in refrigerator up to 2 days. Attach stalk before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers