I would recommend using grated sharp cheddar cheese rather than the cold pack. All the other ingredients will return to their naturally firm state, but cold pack spread is soft in its natural state.
A Great Pumpkin Cheese Ball
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner
- 1 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 10-oz. container sharp cheddar cold-pack cheese spread
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- Garnishes: 1 pretzel, broken in half, and assorted crackers
- Blend together the cheeses until smooth. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, celery salt and onion salt, adding more to taste, if desired. Shape into a ball and set on a serving plate; cover and chill 2 to 3 hours or until firm.
Score cheese ball with vertical lines, if desired, to resemble a pumpkin. Toss walnuts with paprika; press into surface of cheese ball. Break a pretzel rod in half and insert in top for stem, if desired. Arrange crackers around cheese ball.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers