Pumpkin Carrot Cake
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 3 whole(s) eggs
- 1 1/4 cup(s) canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 can(s) 8 ounce crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup(s) grated carrot
- 1 cup(s) flake coconut
- 1 1/4 cup(s) chopped nuts, divided
- 11 ounce(s) soft cream cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) soft butter
- 3 1/2 cup(s) sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon(s) orange juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) orange zest
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Add cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl; beat with an electric mixer till fluffy.
- Add in vanilla, orange juice and orange peel; beat to combine and set aside.
- Cake: In a mixing bowl, add the flour,baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a measuring cup add the milk and lemon juice; stir; will look curdled.
- In a big mixing bowl, add the eggs, pumpkin, sugars and vegetable oil. Beat to combine.
- Add in the pineapple, carrots and milk mixture. Mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the batter, beat until combined.
- Add in coconut and 1 cup of nuts. Stir.
- Pour batter into two 9-inch greased round baking pans.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes, turn cakes onto wire rack and cool completely.
- Frost and garnish with remaining nuts.
- Store in Fridge
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolafallon and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note