Pumpkin Carrot Cake
Community Recipe from
- 2 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 3/4 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) lemon juice
- 3 whole(s) eggs
- 1 1/4 cup(s) canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cup(s) sugar
- 1 1/2 cup(s) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 1 can(s) 8 ounce crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup(s) grated carrot
- 1 cup(s) flake coconut
- 1 1/4 cup(s) chopped nuts, divided
- 11 ounce(s) soft cream cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) soft butter
- 3 1/2 cup(s) sifted powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon(s) orange juice
- 1 teaspoon(s) orange zest
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Add cream cheese, butter and powdered sugar to a large mixing bowl; beat with an electric mixer till fluffy.
- Add in vanilla, orange juice and orange peel; beat to combine and set aside.
- Cake: In a mixing bowl, add the flour,baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a measuring cup add the milk and lemon juice; stir; will look curdled.
- In a big mixing bowl, add the eggs, pumpkin, sugars and vegetable oil. Beat to combine.
- Add in the pineapple, carrots and milk mixture. Mix well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the batter, beat until combined.
- Add in coconut and 1 cup of nuts. Stir.
- Pour batter into two 9-inch greased round baking pans.
- Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool 15 minutes, turn cakes onto wire rack and cool completely.
- Frost and garnish with remaining nuts.
- Store in Fridge
This recipe is a personal recipe added by carolafallon and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes