- 1/2 (15-oz.) package refrigerated piecrusts
- 3/4 cup canned dulce de leche
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (12-oz.) can evaporated milk
- Garnishes: sweetened whipped cream, toffee bits
How to Make It
Unroll piecrust, and fit into a 9 1/2" deep-dish pie plate according to package directions. Fold edges under, and crimp. Spoon dollops of dulce de leche into piecrust, spreading to edges. Place prepared piecrust in refrigerator.
Whisk eggs in a medium bowl. Whisk in pumpkin and next 7 ingredients until smooth. Whisk in milk. Pour filling into prepared piecrust. Bake at 375° on bottom oven rack for 48 to 50 minutes or until pie is just set (center will still jiggle just slightly). Cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish, if desired.