This has been my son's birthday cake for many years. Very moist and everyone likes it, even non-pumpkin-lovers.
Pumpkin Cake With Simple Chocolate Icing
Yield: Makes 8 to 10 servings
More From Southern Living
Bake: 1 Hour
Cool: 45 Minutes
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 large eggs
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup wheat bran cereal
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Simple Chocolate Icing
- Combine sugar, flour, baking powder, and next 6 ingredients.
- Beat eggs at medium speed with an electric mixture until foamy. Add pumpkin, vegetable oil, and wheat bran cereal, beating until combined. Add dry ingredients, beating just until moistened. Stir in chocolate morsels and pecans. Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes. Remove cake from pan to a serving platter, and let cool 30 more minutes. Drizzle Simple Chocolate Icing over top of cake, allowing it to run down sides.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Kellogg's All-Bran cereal for wheat bran cereal.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note