Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 box(es) yellow cake mix (2 layer size)
- 1 can(s) pumpkin (15 oz.) divided
- 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1/3 cup(s) oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice divided
- 1 package(s) cream cheese (8oz.) softened
- 1 cup(s) powdered sugar
- 1 tub(s) Cool Whip Whipped Topping thawed
- 1/4 cup(s) pecans chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans. Beat cake mix, 1 cup of the pumpkin, the milk, oil, eggs and 1 tsp. of the pumpkin pie spice in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 28 to 30 min. or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 min. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese in medium bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar, remaining pumpkin and spice; mix well. Gently stir in Cool Whip. Cut each cake layer horizontally in half with serrated knife; stack on serving plate, spreading cream cheese filling between layers. (Do not frost top layer.) Drizzle with caramel topping just before serving; top with nuts. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: Place toothpicks around the cake as a guide when cutting layers in half. Use a serrated knife and cut in a gentle sawing motion.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Kellyluvstobake and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note