American Test Kitchen - 2 loaves Heat oven to 350 degrees
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 tablespoon(s) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) unsoftened butter
- 1 pinch(s) salt
- 2 cup(s) flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 15 oz can(s) pumpkin
- 1 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1 cup(s) white sugar
- 4 oz ounce(s) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) buttermilk
- Topping: Mix the first five ingredients and set aside
- Dry ingredients: Flour, baking powder and baking soda whisk together set aside
- Cook pumpkin in saucepan and add spices 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon clove and salt Reduce to 1 1/5 cups.
- Whisk eggs, cream cheese and buttermilk into the batter. Fold in dry ingredients. Add 1 cup toasted chopped walnuts.
- Sprinkle topping on top after putting batter in 2 buttered loaf pans
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes
This recipe is a personal recipe added by merry515 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pumpkin Bread Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads