These were gloriously decadent...a wonderful, heady slide into milkshake heaven. (And that was without the whipped cream, which I forgot to buy.)
Pumpkin Bourbon Shakes
If you prefer your shakes thicker, just follow the make-ahead directions.
Yield: Serves 8
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 662
- Calories from fat: 50%
- Protein: 12g
- Fat: 37g
- Saturated fat: 22g
- Carbohydrate: 62g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 158mg
- Cholesterol: 239mg
- 4 1/2 cartons (14 oz. each) vanilla ice cream such as Häagen-Dazs, softened
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- About 1/2 tsp. nutmeg (preferably freshly ground)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- 1. Whirl a third of the ice cream, pumpkin, milk, and bourbon at a time in a blender until smooth, adding sugar and spices to last batch. Pour into a large bowl and stir to combine.
- 2. Ladle shakes into 8 tall glasses and top each with a dollop of whipped cream if you like and a little nutmeg. Serve with straws.
- Make ahead: Up to 1 hour through step 1, freeze airtight; stir before ladling into glasses.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages