Pumpkin Black Bean Soup
- 2 cans black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (16oz) pumpkin puree
- 1/2 c red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp each kosher salt, cinnamon, allspice
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- baked pumpkin seeds, for garnish
- 1. Place oil, red onion, garlic and seasonings into large pot.
- 2. Cook on low-medium heat until red onion and garlic brown.
- 3. Puree the beans and tomatoes with half of the vegetables broth. Add pureed ingredients, pumpkin and rest of broth to your pot.
- 4. Simmer uncovered until thick, about 40-45 minutes. Before serving, stir in balsamic vinegar. Garnish with baked pumpkin seeds.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KKirby and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pumpkin Black Bean Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews