Very sticky consistency - even after putting in freezer for the hour. The finished product was good - and once I dipped one side in chocolate, they were a hit at work.
More From Southern Living
Total: 3 Hours, 25 Minutes
- 1 cup shelled, raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Bake pumpkin seeds in a single layer in a shallow pan 8 to 10 minutes or until toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through. Cool 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, beat sugar and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Stir in canned pumpkin. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Add baking mix and pumpkin pie spice, beating until blended.
- 3. Gently fold pumpkin seeds into sugar mixture. Cover and freeze 1 hour or until firm.
- 4. Divide dough in half. Shape each portion into a 12- x 3-inch slightly flattened log on a lightly greased baking sheet, using lightly floured hands.
- 5. Bake at 325° for 35 minutes or until firm. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely (about 1 hour). Cut each log diagonally into 3/4-inch-thick slices with a serrated knife, using a gentle sawing motion. Place on greased baking sheets.
- 6. Bake at 325° for 20 minutes; turn cookies over, and bake 20 more minutes. Transfer to wire racks; cool completely (about 30 minutes). Store in airtight containers up to 4 days.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note