Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1/2 cup(s) Pumpkin Shredded
- 1/2 cup(s) Tart apple Finely diced
- 2 teaspoon(s) brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt Divided
- 1 teaspoon(s) Grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup(s) Baking powder
- 1/2 cup(s) Flour
- 1/4 cup(s) Water
- 1/4 cup(s) Whole milk
- 1/4 cup(s) Butter Cut into cubes
- 3 Eggs
- 6 cup(s) Canola oil
- 1/4 cup(s) Confectioners sugar
- Place shredded pumpkin in a towel and roll tightly, wringing out to extract as much liquid as possible. In a bowl, combine pumpkin, apple, brown sugar, 1tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, 1/4 tsp salt nd lemon. Set aside.
- Combine flour, 1/4 tsp salt and baking powder. Set aside. In a medium saucepan, combine water, milk, and butter. Melt butter and bring mixture to simmer. Add flour mixture and stir until smooth. Cook until mixture doesn't stick to fingers when pinched. Let cool.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix until smooth. Stir in spiced pumpkin mixture.
- Heat oil in a deep pot to 350 F. Using a small scoop or 2 spoons, scoop batter into fryer in small batches. Dough should rise to top of oil. Flip or turn in oil to brown on all sides. With a slotted spoon, remove beignets from pot. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with remaining one tsp cinnamon mixed with confectioners sugar.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KaraCon and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pumpkin Beignets Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch