- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
How to Make It
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.
Combine pumpkin, butter, and eggs, and add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in chopped apple, and spoon into greased muffin pans, filling two-thirds full.
Combine 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice; sprinkle evenly over muffins.
Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Remove from pans immediately, and cool on wire racks.