I made my own bbq sauce from the Kansas City style recipe on the site. Dish got great reviews from my two friends from Texas, and that's sayin somethin! Also served with grilled pineapple rings.
Pulled Pork with Coleslaw
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 378
- Fat: 17g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 18g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 118mg
- Sodium: 728mg
- The pulled pork:
- 4 1/2 pounds pork butt on the bone
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon distilled vinegar
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- The coleslaw:
- 1 (1 lb.) bag shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Place pork (in 1 piece), chicken broth and vinegar in a slow cooker. Cover and cook for 8 hours on low.
- Move pork to a plate and, using 2 forks, shred meat and transfer it to a large saucepan. Strain liquid; add 1 cup of it to pork. (Reserve remaining juices for later use.) Stir barbecue sauce into pork.
- Place cabbage, yogurt, mayonnaise, vinegar and sugar in a large bowl; toss well.
- Reheat pork, adding juice for desired moisture. Serve with coleslaw.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This