Made this yesterday. I had planned on smoking the pork but my day got suddenly busy. I found this recipe and had all of the ingredients right down to the Sweet Baby Ray's. The only change I made was to use some of the cooking liquid in the sauce. Can't wait to try variations. Maybe pulled chicken in a mustard based bbq sauce.
The slow cooker yields tender meat that's just right for these pulled-pork sandwiches. Since the pork cooks for 8 to 10 hours, it's a good recipe to use during the work week.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 578
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 51g
- Carbohydrate: 42g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 155mg
- Sodium: 1161mg
- One 3-lb. boneless pork roast
- 2/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce, plus more for serving
- 6 hamburger buns
- 2 cups prepared coleslaw
- 1. Trim excess fat from pork roast. Sprinkle with salt. Place in slow cooker and pour vinegar over roast. Cover and cook on low until roast is fork-tender and pulls apart easily, 8 to 10 hours.
- 2. Remove roast from cooker and shred meat into small pieces. Discard cooking liquid. Return pork to slow cooker and stir in barbecue sauce. Continue to cook until warmed through, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Spoon coleslaw onto bottom half of hamburger buns. Layer with pork, then top with the other half of the bun. Serve immediately with extra barbecue sauce on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sandwiches