1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Combine slat, pepper, and seasonings in a bowl.
3. Place a large sheet of foil on a roasting rack, then lay another piece on top, perpendicular to the first.
4. Place pork in the middle of the foil and rub spice mixture on all sides.
5. Gather top sheet of foil round the pork and crimp closed, followed by the bottom sheet, to ensure a tight seal.
6. Gently crimp sides closed.
7. Roast pork 7 1/2 hours.
8. Increase oven temp to 400
9. Open foil to expose pork and roast until crust is dark and crisp, 2030 minutes.
10. Remove roast from oven and let rest until cool to the touch, about 30 minutes.
11. Transfer pork to a cutting board and pull out the large bone from the roast it should slide out easily with no resistance.
12. Pull pork apart with 2 forks (or your hands if it&39;s cool enough to handle). Remove and discuard any visible pieces of fat and gristle before serving.
Go to full version of