Pulled Pork Roasted
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 bone-in pork shoulder / boston butt (6-8 lb)
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne
- 1/4 cup(s) chili powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon(s) dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 cup(s) ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) kosher salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 325.
- 2. Combine slat, pepper, and seasonings in a bowl.
- 3. Place a large sheet of foil on a roasting rack, then lay another piece on top, perpendicular to the first.
- 4. Place pork in the middle of the foil and rub spice mixture on all sides.
- 5. Gather top sheet of foil round the pork and crimp closed, followed by the bottom sheet, to ensure a tight seal.
- 6. Gently crimp sides closed.
- 7. Roast pork 7 1/2 hours.
- 8. Increase oven temp to 400
- 9. Open foil to expose pork and roast until crust is dark and crisp, 2030 minutes.
- 10. Remove roast from oven and let rest until cool to the touch, about 30 minutes.
- 11. Transfer pork to a cutting board and pull out the large bone from the roast it should slide out easily with no resistance.
- 12. Pull pork apart with 2 forks (or your hands if it&39;s cool enough to handle). Remove and discuard any visible pieces of fat and gristle before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by juliefk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note