Pulled Pork in a Crock Pot
- 3 tablespoon(s) paprika
- 2 tablespoon(s) salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/2 cup(s) honey
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 3 olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and cut in half
- 3 to 3 1/2 pound(s) pork shoulder, cut in half
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together the first six ingredients (all of the spices) with a fork.
- Pour in the honey, vinegar, and olive oil and stir to form a paste.
- Place the onion in the bottom of the slow cooker. Top it with the 2 pieces of pork and then pour the honey paste over all sides of the pork pieces. It’s okay if some of it (or a lot of it) just drips down to the bottom.
- Turn the slow cooker on to low and cook for 7 to 8 hours or until the meat is tender enough to be easily shredded with a fork.
- Serve warm with fixings like homemade cole slaw and cornbread. Refrigerate or freeze the leftovers.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note