Pulled Pork Griddle Cakes
Photo: Hector Sanchez; Styling: Heather Chadduck
Fresh Cherry Salsa, spiked with pepper jelly, puts these pork-rich griddle cakes over the top. Self-rising cornmeal mix, which includes both leavening and salt, adds just the right amount of lift and tenderness. Hungry for more? Serve with extra 'cue.
Yield: Makes 16 griddle cakes
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising white cornmeal mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 2/3 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups chopped pulled barbecued pork (without sauce)
- Fresh Cherry Salsa
- 1. Whisk together cornmeal mix and next 5 ingredients just until moistened; stir in pulled pork.
- 2. Pour about 1/4 cup batter for each griddle cake onto a hot, lightly greased griddle or large nonstick skillet. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked; turn and cook other side 2 to 3 minutes or until done. Serve immediately with salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note