Cutting the pork into large pieces ensures even cooking.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 4 pound(s) bone in pork shoulder, cut into 3 pieces and trimmed of fat
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) brown sugar
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1/3 cup(s) cider vingar
- 1/4 cup(s) tomato paste
- 1/4 cup(s) water
- 2 tablespoon(s) mustard
- 2 tablespoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce
- Mix salt, paprika, chili powder, cumin and cayenne. Rub all over pork. Combine pork and remaining ingredients in large slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 6 - 8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and discard bone. Cool 10 mins. Using forks, shred pork. Combine with sauce from cooker.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Patsychef and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note