My family loves this recipe. It is a go to staple in our house. It makes a an easy and delicious meal.
Pulled Chicken is simple to make and can be versatile with lots of different dishes. For a Tex-Mex flair, drain and chop a 4-oz. can of pickled jalapenos and stir them into the sauce along with a seeded, chopped chipotle. Use Pulled Chicken in burritos or to top nachos.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 207
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 26g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 82mg
- Sodium: 617mg
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 18-oz. bottle barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 6 whole-wheat hamburger buns, optional
- 8 large Boston lettuce leaves, optional
- 2 cups coleslaw, homemade or store-bought
- 1. Place chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle with onion and garlic. Whisk together barbecue sauce, vinegar and Tabasco; pour on top. Cover and cook on low until chicken is cooked through, 5 to 6 hours. Remove chicken from slow cooker and let cool slightly; shred. Stir chicken back into sauce.
- 2. Arrange chicken on buns or lettuce leaves, if desired. Top with coleslaw and tops of buns, then serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note