This recipe is part of the twenty Dinners, One Day menu.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 pound(s) chicken breasts skin-on, bone-in
- 4 pound(s) chicken thighs skin-on, bone-in
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil extra virgin
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1. Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven and preheat to 400F. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment. Place the chicken breasts on 1 sheet and the thighs on the other. Drizzle with the EVOO. Sprinkle with the paprika and thyme, season with salt and pepper. Roast until the skin is crisp and the juices run clear when the pieces are pierced with the tip of a small, sharp knife. 45 to 650 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- 2. Remove the chicken skin, then pull and cut the meat off the bones. Tear the meat into shreds. (Save the bones, skin and any juices from the pans to make broth.
- 3. Freeze it: Divid into 1-1/2 cup portions and transfer to resealable plastic sandwich bags. Squeeze out the air and flatten the bags. Seal and store flat in 2-gallon freezer bags.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by juliejensen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note