Puffy Vanilla and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies
Community Recipe from
- 1/2 cup(s) Crisco
- 1/2 cup(s) white sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon(s) water
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 1/2 cup(s) flour
- 3/4 cup(s) peanut butter chips (or other)
- Preheat oven to 375F and line two cookie sheets with Silpat liners, parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, beat together Crisco, sugars, egg, water, and vanilla, until batter is creamy. Add the cinnamon, salt, baking soda, flour and mix until just combined. Fold in peanut butter chips by hand. Cover and refrigerate dough for 30 minutes or freeze for 15 if you’re rushed. Do not skip chilling the dough if you want puffy cookies because cold dough results in puffier cookies.
- Using a cookie scoop, form 1 inch balls (or roll balls by hand) and place on prepared cookie sheets, allowing for adequate spacing (these cookies do not spread much, but like all cookies, they spread some; and the colder the dough, the less they will spread). Bake for 8-10 minutes or until barely brown. Remove cookies from oven when they look slightly under-baked and allow cookies to cool and firm up on cookie sheets for at least 5 minutes before moving to cooling racks. Store cookies in an airtight container on the countertop or freeze for up to 3 months.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KelliDiVito and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Puffy Vanilla and Peanut Butter Chip Cookies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Cookies