Puffy Cherry Dutch Baby
Community Recipe from
- 1/3 cup(s) +2 tablespoons butter divided
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1 cup(s) flour
- 3 cup(s) frozen pitted sweet cherries (1-pound package)
- 2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoon(s) cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon(s) cold water
- 2 tablespoon(s) powdered sugar
- 1. Place 1/3 cup butter in an 11-to 12-inch ovenproof skillet or shallow baking dish. Place skillet in a preheated 425-degree oven to melt butter and heat skillet.
- 2. Place eggs in blender or food processor and process for 1 minute. With motor running, gradually add milk, then flour, and process 30 seconds longer. Remove pan from oven.
- 3. Pour batter into hot melted butter and return skillet to oven. Bake in 425-degree oven for 20 minutes or until puffy and golden.
- 4. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons butter in medium skillet. Stir in frozen cherries. Sprinkle sugar and orange peel over cherries. Cook and stir over medium heat until cherries are glazed and thawed. Blend cornstarch and water together until smooth, and stir into cherries. Cook and stir until thickened. Spoon cherry sauce into baked Dutch Baby, and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by JenGor and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Puffy Cherry Dutch Baby Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch