We cut the recipe in half and used shredded Parmesan instead of Manchego to save money. So simple and delicious! Served with Southern France-Styel Shrimp Scampi and Roasted Asparagus Salad with Pecorino, Lemon and Olive Oil.
Puffed Mashed Potatoes
More From Southern Living
Hands On Time:
Total: 1 Hour, 6 Minutes
- 5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) shredded Manchego cheese*
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Bring potatoes, 2 tsp. salt, and water to cover to a boil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Boil 20 minutes or until tender; drain. Reduce heat to low. Return potatoes to Dutch oven, and cook, stirring occasionally, 1 to 2 minutes or until potatoes are dry. Remove from heat; mash potatoes with a potato masher to desired consistency.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. Stir butter, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1 tsp. salt into potatoes. Spread mixture into a lightly greased 2 1/2- to 3-qt. baking dish. Brush with melted butter.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 20 to 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and puffed. Serve immediately.
- *Shredded Parmesan cheese may be substituted.
- Note: To make Puffed Mashed Potatoes ahead, prepare recipe as directed through Step 2. Cover and chill up to 2 days. Remove from refrigerator, and let stand at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. Proceed with recipe as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables