1. Defrost the puff pastry dough. Puff pastry usually comes 2 to a package. You will only need one sheet for this recipe. Usually takes about 30-45 minutes to defrost frozen puff pastry at room temperature.
2. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Rinse and drain cocktail sausages to get packaging liquid off the sausages. Be sure to dry the sausages well with paper towel
3. Roll out pastry on wax or parchment paper. I lightly spray the paper with cooking spray to keep from sticking. Most pastry dough has two line down the middle. Cut down those vertical lines to make 3 separate pieces. Then make smaller horizontal cuts to make small pieces to wrap each sausage.
4. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a large cookie sheet.
5. Roll each sausage with a piece of the pastry dough. Be sure to put the pastry dough seam on the bottom of the cookie sheet to keep the dough from separating while cooking.
6. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat the sausages with the beaten egg
7. Lightly sprinkle with sesame seed. Poppy seeds could also be used
8. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or until brown. Let cool briefly and put on serving tray.
While the sausages are cooking, make the dipping sauce
Mustard Beer Sauce
1. Pour beer in sauce pan on medium high. Reduce beer until about half is left. If you leave too much beer in the pan, the sauce will be runny.
2. Add mustard and whisk until well blended
3. Add other ingredients, including brown sugar, mustard powder, vinegar, and Worcestershire. Whisk until well blended. Cook for several additional minutes to ensure that sauce is well blended
4. Set to the side to cool
Go to full version of