Puff Pastry Wrapped Sausages
- 1/2 package(s) puff pastry thawed
- 1 package(s) cocktail sausages be sure to rinse and dry off in order to get packaging liquid off
- 3 tablespoon(s) sesame seeds
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 can(s) beer (light)
- 1/2 cup(s) spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon(s) cider vingar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) worchestershire sauce
- 1. Defrost the puff pastry dough. Puff pastry usually comes 2 to a package. You will only need one sheet for this recipe. Usually takes about 30-45 minutes to defrost frozen puff pastry at room temperature.
- 2. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- 2. Rinse and drain cocktail sausages to get packaging liquid off the sausages. Be sure to dry the sausages well with paper towel
- 3. Roll out pastry on wax or parchment paper. I lightly spray the paper with cooking spray to keep from sticking. Most pastry dough has two line down the middle. Cut down those vertical lines to make 3 separate pieces. Then make smaller horizontal cuts to make small pieces to wrap each sausage.
- 4. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a large cookie sheet.
- 5. Roll each sausage with a piece of the pastry dough. Be sure to put the pastry dough seam on the bottom of the cookie sheet to keep the dough from separating while cooking.
- 6. Using a pastry brush, lightly coat the sausages with the beaten egg
- 7. Lightly sprinkle with sesame seed. Poppy seeds could also be used
- 8. Bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or until brown. Let cool briefly and put on serving tray.
- While the sausages are cooking, make the dipping sauce
- Mustard Beer Sauce
- 1. Pour beer in sauce pan on medium high. Reduce beer until about half is left. If you leave too much beer in the pan, the sauce will be runny.
- 2. Add mustard and whisk until well blended
- 3. Add other ingredients, including brown sugar, mustard powder, vinegar, and Worcestershire. Whisk until well blended. Cook for several additional minutes to ensure that sauce is well blended
- 4. Set to the side to cool
This recipe is a personal recipe added by daksbistro and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note