Serve with rice or corn tortillas.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 5 tablespoon(s) annatto seeds
- 1 tablespoon(s) black pepper corns
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin seeds
- 2 habenero peppers cleaned & chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) kosher salt
- 5 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup(s) orange juice
- 5 pound(s) pork butt
- glug tequila
- 1/2 cup(s) white vinegar
- 8 whole allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) whole cloves
- Cut pork into 2 inch cubes and place in gallon zip lock bag. Grind spices in coffee grinder. Add spices and remaining ingredients to blender and blend. Pour into bag with pork. Let marinade overnight. When ready to cook, wrap meat and marinade in heavy duty foil and place in roasting pan. Cook for 4 hours in a 325 degree oven.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by zancarman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Puerco Pibil Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes