Everybody in my family loves these. I bake about 5 minutes longer than the recipe says.
Puddin Place Eggs
Put this indulgent dish on your weekend to-do list. Elizabeth Picard, whose aunt owned Puddin Place Bed and Breakfast in Oxford, Mississippi, contributed this recipe to the book.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 25 Minutes
- 6 Canadian bacon slices
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 English muffins, split and toasted (optional)
- 1. Place 1 slice each of Canadian bacon on bottom of 6 (6-oz.) lightly greased ramekins or custard cups. Sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese on top of bacon in each ramekin, and push cheese against sides of ramekin, making a well in center of cheese. Break 1 egg into center of each well. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Pour 2 Tbsp. whipping cream over top of each egg. Sprinkle each evenly with paprika. Place ramekins on a baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until egg is cooked to desired degree of doneness. Serve with toasted English muffin halves, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note