Prunes in Zinfandel
A tasty dessert or brunch dish for prune-lovers. adding variety to vanilla ice cream, french toast, etc.. Recipe can be divided or doubled. Stored in refrigerator. this seems to last indefinitely.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) pitted prunes
- 3 bottle(s) Zinfandel wine (750 ml)
- 3/4 cup(s) sugar
- 2 medium oranges thinly sliced
- 2 lemons thinly sliced
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- 1 whole(s) cinnamon stick
- Soak prunes in cold water for 2 hours. Drain.
- Heat rest of ingredients in large stock pot to boiling. Add the prunes and heat again to boiling. Remove from heat and let stand for 8 hours (do not chill).
- Serve prunes and sauce in individual serving bowls.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ebelle and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Prunes in Zinfandel Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts