Provolone Chicken Sandwiches
Rotisserie chicken is a real time-saver when preparing this yummy sandwich.
Yield: 6 servings (serving size: one-sixth of loaf)
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 353
- Fat: 12.6g
- Saturated fat: 4.9g
- Protein: 26.5g
- Carbohydrate: 31.4g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 723mg
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Calcium: 189mg
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground or Dijon mustard
- 1 (12-ounce) loaf French bread
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 5 (3/4-ounce) slices smoked provolone cheese (such as Boar's Head)
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl; stir well.
- Cut bread in half horizontally. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over cut sides of bread. Place bread halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Place chicken on bottom half of bread; top with bell pepper and cheese slices, overlapping cheese slices as necessary.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil sandwich 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Place basil leaves over melted cheese; replace top half of loaf. Cut sandwich into 6 equal portions.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note