- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground or Dijon mustard
- 1 (12-ounce) loaf French bread
- 2 1/2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (7-ounce) bottle roasted red bell peppers, drained and chopped
- 5 (3/4-ounce) slices smoked provolone cheese (such as Boar's Head)
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- calories 353
- fat 12.6 g
- satfat 4.9 g
- protein 26.5 g
- carbohydrate 31.4 g
- cholesterol 66 mg
- iron 2.3 mg
- sodium 723 mg
- caloriesfromfat 32 %
- fiber 1.8 g
- calcium 189 mg
How to Make It
Combine mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl; stir well.
Cut bread in half horizontally. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over cut sides of bread. Place bread halves, cut sides up, on a baking sheet. Place chicken on bottom half of bread; top with bell pepper and cheese slices, overlapping cheese slices as necessary.
Broil sandwich 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Place basil leaves over melted cheese; replace top half of loaf. Cut sandwich into 6 equal portions.