Provolone, Basil, and Onion on Italian Bread
Charles E. Walton IV
- 4 slices thick country Italian bread (preferably with sesame seeds)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 8 thin slices provolone cheese
- 4 very thin slices red onion
- 6 to 8 basil leaves
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. Brush each bread slice with a small amount of balsamic vinegar. Arrange 2 slices provolone, 2 slices onion, and 3 to 4 basil leaves on half of bread slices. Sprinkle with pepper, and top with remaining provolone and bread slices.
- 2. Melt butter in a cast-iron or nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add sandwiches to pan, and cook, pressing down with back of spatula, 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until cheese melts and bread is golden brown.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This