Provencal Vegetable Soup
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can (14 ounces) diced tomatoes, nosalt added
- 1 can (16 ounces) new potatoes, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small leek, white part only, washed and finely chopped
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup canned navy beans, drained
- 2 ounces dry pasta, such as vermicelli, broken into small pieces
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 8 cups canned lowsodium chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion, leek, celery and zucchini. Cook and stir until the vegetables are softened, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the broth and beans; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and cover; simmer for 15 minutes. Add the potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, green beans and pasta, and cover. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and spoon a little of the pesto into each serving.
- Adapted from "Get with the Program! Guide to Good Eating!" by Bob Greene. Copyright 2003 by Bob Greene. Published by Simon & Schuster, Inc., N.Y. Reprinted by permission.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CannedFoodFan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note