I agree with the majority of the reviewers. I made it the first time as is and thought it had great potential. Although the flavors were good, they were a little flat. The second time i made it I knew it needed a few more ingredient for the flavors to blossom. I added 1/4 cup of red wine, herbs de Provence, mirepoix in addition to peppers, 3 minced garlic cloves, doubled tomato quantity and 1 Tbsp tomato paste. Served it over "smashed" potatoes, a side of green beans and fresh baked bread. My children loved soaking the bread in the sauce. Great Fall and Winter dish. It will be cycled through our menu again.
Provençale Chicken Supper
Use bone-in chicken breasts for this French-country dish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 281
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 44.9g
- Carbohydrate: 18.1g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 495mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken breast halves, skinned
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- Basil sprigs (optional)
- Place the chicken in an electric slow cooker; sprinkle with basil, salt, and black pepper. Add the bell pepper, beans, and tomatoes. Cover with lid; cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours.
This recipe has been retested for Cooking Light Slow Cooker Tonight, 2012
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Provençale Chicken Supper Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This