LOVE this. It's so easy to make, I just throw it all together and set it on the lowest setting on my crock pot (10 hrs) and when I get home from work my house smells amazing and dinner is all done. I will even take everything out and mix some flour with the juices to make a sauce for rice or mashed potatoes.
Provençale Chicken Supper
Use bone-in chicken breasts for this French-country dish.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 281
- Fat: 2.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.6g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.5g
- Protein: 44.9g
- Carbohydrate: 18.1g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 495mg
- Calcium: 86mg
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken breast halves, skinned
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup diced yellow bell pepper
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- Basil sprigs (optional)
- Place the chicken in an electric slow cooker; sprinkle with basil, salt, and black pepper. Add the bell pepper, beans, and tomatoes. Cover with lid; cook on low-heat setting for 8 hours.
This recipe has been retested for Cooking Light Slow Cooker Tonight, 2012
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Provençale Chicken Supper Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes Like This