Delicious! I made this with a large (7 pound) chicken instead of a turkey breast and it turned out great! Added an extra twenty minutes of cook time...very easy, very tasty, and wonderful leftovers!
Provençal Turkey Breast with Jus
Roasting just a turkey breast saves time, and the carving is super simple. Serve this garlic- and herb-flavored turkey with baby carrots and rice pilaf.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 4 ounces turkey and 3 tablespoons jus)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 266
- Calories from fat: 11%
- Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.6g
- Protein: 53.7g
- Carbohydrate: 2.2g
- Fiber: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 147mg
- Iron: 2.9mg
- Sodium: 353mg
- Calcium: 34mg
- 1 (5-pound) whole turkey breast
- 1 tablespoon dried herbes de Provence
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 cups Roasted Turkey Stock
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Loosen skin from breast by inserting fingers, gently pushing between skin and meat. Combine herbes de Provence, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and minced garlic in a small bowl. Rub seasoning mixture under loosened skin. Rub turkey with olive oil. Place 12 garlic cloves in a roasting pan; place turkey on cloves. Bake at 400° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a thermometer registers 165°. Let stand for 15 minutes. Discard turkey skin. Squeeze cloves to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins. Set aside.
- Place a zip-top plastic bag inside a 2-cup glass measure. Pour drippings from pan into bag; let stand 10 minutes (fat will rise to the top). Seal bag; carefully snip off 1 bottom corner. Drain drippings into a bowl, stopping before fat layer reaches opening; discard fat.
- Place roasting pan over 2 burners on medium heat. Add pan drippings, Roasted Turkey Stock, white wine, and reserved garlic, scraping pan to loosen brown bits. Cook 10 minutes or until reduced to 1 1/2 cups. Stir in 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Serve with turkey.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Provençal Turkey Breast with Jus Recipe at a Glance
More Recipes for Main Dishes