1. Pour the potatoes into a large ziplock bag.
2. Add olive oil, garlic salt, chili powder, and a little peper. Seal the bag and shake it around. Repeat this a few times.
3. Optional: Let the bag sit for an hour or more to marinate the potatoes.
4. Preheat oven to 350-450 degrees F.
5. Pour the potatoes into a baking pan. Sprinkle some more salt and chili powder on top of them. Cover the pan with aluminum foil.
6. Using the top rack, bake the potatoes for 23-40 mins (depending on temperature and how rushed you are), stirring them every 20 mins.
7. Remove the foil and set the oven to broil. Broil until satisfied with the outer texture. (~8-10 mins) Remove from oven and allow to cool a bit - hot steam will be trapped inside the potatoes.
Go to full version of