This was the weirdest, grossest combination of flavors. I am for combining sweet and salty and savory but this was just nasty.
Photo: Annabelle Breakey; Styling: Karen Shinto
Any ripe pear works with this easy, sweet-savory appetizer—and if you don't have sherry vinegar, just use white-wine vinegar instead.
Yield: Serves 8
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 89
- Calories from fat: 51%
- Protein: 4.3g
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 7.3g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Sodium: 399mg
- Cholesterol: 7.5mg
- 2 pears, each cut into 8 wedges and cored
- 8 thin slices (4 oz.) prosciutto, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Wrap pear wedges with prosciutto and set on a serving plate. Drizzle with oil and vinegar and sprinkle with salt.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 2-wedge serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers