Prosciutto-Wrapped Figs With Blue Cheese
Depending on brand and size, some figs may already have slits. Assemble these a few hours ahead, and broil them once guests arrive.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 10 Minutes
Broil: 3 Minutes
- 16 whole almonds
- 4 thin slices prosciutto*
- 16 dried mission figs, trimmed
- 1/2 (4-oz.) package blue cheese, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place almonds in a shallow pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Cut each prosciutto slice lengthwise into 4 thin strips. If necessary, make a small slit in center of each fig. Stuff each fig with 1 piece of blue cheese and 1 almond. Wrap 1 prosciutto slice around each fig, pressing to seal. Toss wrapped figs with oil, pepper, and salt; arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- 4. Broil figs 3 inches from heat 3 minutes or until prosciutto begins to crisp. Serve immediately.
- *4 thin slices deli ham may be substituted.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This