Prosciutto-Wrapped Figs Stuffed with Blue Cheese
Crisp prosciutto and tart cheese pair well with the juicy, sweet grilled figs to make a memorable appetizer recipe. If you prefer savory after-dinner treats, try this unique dish for tonight's dessert recipe.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 178
- Calories from fat: 21%
- Fat: 4.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 5.6g
- Carbohydrate: 32.2g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
- Iron: 0.7mg
- Sodium: 342mg
- Calcium: 98mg
- 12 large fresh black Mission figs, trimmed
- 2 ounces blue cheese, cut into 12 cubes
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into 12 strips
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of salt
- Cooking spray
- Cut each fig in half vertically, cutting to, but not through, base of fig. Spread slightly apart. Place 1 cube of cheese inside each fig; gently close to seal. Wrap one prosciutto strip around each fig.
- Preheat grill.
- Combine vinegar and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer until thick, about 10 minutes. Cool.
- Place figs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes, turning occasionally, until prosciutto is crisp. Drizzle each fig with balsamic syrup.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This