This is super easy and was delicious. The directions really don't need to be modified. I thought the prosciutto came out crispy and the cooking time was accurate. I would make this for company.
Prosciutto-Wrapped Chicken Breasts
Photo: Marcus Nilsson
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Real Simple
Other: 15 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 254
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Protein: 39g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Sugars: 0g
- Fiber: 0g
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Sodium: 458mg
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- This recipe goes with Simple Broccoli Rabe
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Black pepper
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Lay the prosciutto on a cutting board or plate and sprinkle with the oregano. Lay each chicken breast on a slice of prosciutto and wrap the prosciutto around the chicken.
Heat the oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until the prosciutto is crisp and the chicken is cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side.
Transfer the chicken and garlic to plates. If using the wine, add it to the skillet and simmer until reduced by half, 3 to 4 minutes. Spoon over the chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note