Was wonderful. I added a little extra lemon zest and basil. Served it with fresh creamed baby spinich.
Prosciutto-Wrapped Basil Shrimp
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 99
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 0.0g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 79mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Sodium: 747mg
- Calcium: 13mg
- 20 large frozen peeled deveined shrimp, thawed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 (about 4 ounces) very thin slices prosciutto
- Cooking spray
- 8 lemon wedges, for serving
- 1. Preheat broiler.
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, basil, olive oil, zest, salt, red pepper flakes, and black pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- 3. Lay the prosciutto slices on a large work surface, and cut prosciutto in half lengthwise so you have 20 pieces. Wrap the prosciutto around each shrimp, leaving the tail hanging out, and thread on an 8-inch skewer. Repeat with remaining shrimp for a total of 4 skewers with 5 shrimp each.
- 4. Place the skewers on a broiling pan lightly coated with cooking spray. Broil the shrimp 2 minutes on each side. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers