- 18 asparagus spears
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, cut crosswise into 2-inch-wide strips (18 total)
- 18 green onion tops, trimmed to 6-inch lengths (split lengthwise if wide)
- 18 thin strips lemon zest (see notes)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- calories 42
- caloriesfromfat 86 %
- protein 1.8 g
- fat 4 g
- satfat 0.8 g
- carbohydrate 0.8 g
- fiber 0.2 g
- sodium 81 mg
- cholesterol 5 mg
How to Make It
Rinse asparagus; snap off tough stem ends. Bring a 4- to 6-quart pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, 3 to 4 minutes; rinse under cold water until cool.
Wrap a strip of prosciutto around each spear 3 to 4 inches from top. Tie green onion strips around prosciutto and tuck a strip of lemon zest underneath the green onion. Arrange spears on a platter.
In a bowl, mix together olive oil, balsamic vinegar, grated zests, and salt and pepper to taste. Serve with asparagus as a dipping sauce.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.