The sauce, reminiscent of deviled eggs, makes an elegant accompaniment for asparagus. Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 88
- Calories from fat: 63%
- Protein: 6.5g
- Fat: 6.1g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Carbohydrate: 3.5g
- Fiber: 0.6g
- Sodium: 336mg
- Cholesterol: 69mg
- 16 asparagus spears
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, hard-boiled, peeled, and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices prosciutto
- 1. Snap woody ends off asparagus spears. In a large frying pan, bring 3/4 cup water to boil. Add salt and trimmed asparagus, cover, and cook until asparagus is tender, about 4 minutes. Drain, dry, and let cool.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, chopped egg, parsley, lemon juice, mustard, lemon zest, and pepper. Add salt to taste.
- 3. Lay 4 asparagus spears on each piece of prosciutto and roll up. Repeat to form 4 bundles. Serve with sauce.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers