Prosciutto-Wrapped Apple Bites
Ask for paper-thin slices of meat at the deli counter.
Yield: Makes 8 appetizer servings (serving size: 2 bites)
More From Southern Living
- 1 Gala apple, unpeeled
- 1/2 cup lemon-lime soft drink
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1 (1-oz.) package fresh basil
- 4 very thin prosciutto or country ham slices
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. Cut apple into 1/4- to 1/2-inch slices (about 16). Toss together apple slices and lemon-lime soft drink to prevent browning; drain. Place 1 apple slice on top of 3 arugula leaves and 1 to 2 basil leaves.
- 2. Cut each prosciutto slice lengthwise into 4 strips. Wrap center of each apple bundle with 1 prosciutto strip. Arrange on a serving platter, and sprinkle with pepper.
- Note: To make ahead, prepare recipe as directed. Cover bites with damp paper towels, and chill 30 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Prosciutto-Wrapped Apple Bites Recipe at a Glance