prosciutto stuffed with artichokes and balsamic glaze
Community Recipe from
- 1 xxx
- spiralsUnits: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened (light, spreadable works well)
- 1 (14 ounce) can water-packed artichoke hearts, drained & coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- 16 slices prosciutto (8 ounce package)
- 2 cups arugula
- Prepare glaze by simmering vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat until reduced by half. Set aside. According to the recipe, this should take 7-9 minutes but I found it took quite a bit longer. Now I use the balsamic glaze mentioned in the description.
- Prepare the filling by whisking (or beating with a mixer) the cream cheese until smooth. Add artichokes, onion and basil to cream cheese and mix well.
- To assemble rolls, lay a sheet of plastic wrap on work surface. Arrange four slices of prosciutto vertically on plastic wrap, overlapping slightly to form a 9 inch square. Spread 1/3 cup of artichoke filling over prosciutto. Top with 1/2 cup of arugula (you could substitute romaine cut in thin strips).
- Starting at the side closest to you, tightly roll up prosciutto and fillings like a jelly-roll or a sushi roll. Wrap up in the plastic wrap; refrigerate until ready to serve. Repeat 3 more times for a total of 4 rolls.
- To serve, remove each roll from plastic wrap and slice into 12 spirals for a total of 48 rolls. Place on serving platter and drizzle with glaze.
- Print Recipe
- Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/prosciutto-spirals-with-balsamic-glaze-453773#ixzz20GNg4U9p
This recipe is a personal recipe added by nsmerritt1 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
prosciutto stuffed with artichokes and balsamic glaze Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers
More Recipes for Main Dishes