I love the bold flavors of this super-simple pasta salad. Made as written the first time and it was a solid recipe. Every time since, we have added about 4 more olives, a little more feta, and a dash of crushed red pepper. So good!
Prosciutto and Spicy Green Olive Pasta Salad
Prosciutto is an Italian ham that's air-cured with salt and seasonings pressed into the densely textured meat. The best prosciutto sold in the United States comes from the Parma area of Italy; it is made from larger pork legs than American prosciutto and is aged longer. Serve this pasta salad with cantaloupe slices—a common partner for prosciutto—to cap off your meal.
Prep: 11 minutes; Cook: 14 minutes
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 235
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 32.6g
- Fiber: 5.2g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 585mg
- Calcium: 83mg
- 1 3/4 cups uncooked multigrain penne
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 8 jalapeño-stuffed green olives, sliced
- 2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- 2. While pasta cooks, combine spinach and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add pasta and cheese; toss well.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note