- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into julienne strips
- 1 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup frozen English peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
How to Make It
Cook garlic in butter and oil in a large skillet over medium heat until golden, stirring constantly. Remove and discard garlic, reserving butter mixture. Add prosciutto to skillet; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
Stir in whipping cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; add Parmesan cheese, peas, and sage, stirring until cheese melts. Let cool.
Spoon mixture into jars; cover jars with lids and store in refrigerator. Give each jar as a gift with a package of pasta.
Note: To serve, remove lid from jar. Microwave, uncovered, at HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until throughly heated, stirring every minute. Serve over hot cooked pasta.