Prosciutto and Orange Salad with Comté and Toasted Pecans
Use any combination of your favorite lettuces for this savory salad. If you can't find Comté, substitute a fragrant Gruyère or Beaufort. Prep: 25 minutes; Cook: 5 minutes; Broil: 3 minutes.
Yield: Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 1 baguette or French-style bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 3 ounces Comté cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small head radicchio, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 small head red leaf lettuce, torn
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- 12 thin slices prosciutto (about 6 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 4 medium portobello or porcini mushrooms, scrubbed, trimmed, gills removed, and sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to broil. Place bread on baking sheet, and cover each piece with 2 to 3 Comté slices. Broil 3 minutes 6 inches from heat source or until cheese melts and is bubbly and brown.
- 2. Toss onion and next 5 ingredients gently with Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- 3. Sauté mushrooms in oil 5 minutes or until tender. Top salad with mushrooms and bread rounds. Serve while cheese and mushrooms are warm.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads