Prosciutto, Mozzarella, and Arugula Panini
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 347
- Fat: 13.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Protein: 19.5g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 1017mg
- Calcium: 222mg
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (9-ounce) loaf ciabatta, cut in half horizontally
- 16 very thin slices prosciutto (about 4 ounces)
- 4 (1-ounce) slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato (1 medium tomato)
- 1 cup lightly packed trimmed arugula or spinach
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- 2. Brush cut sides of bread with vinaigrette. Arrange prosciutto and next 3 ingredients over bottom half of bread; replace top half of bread. Cut loaf in half crosswise, and coat with cooking spray.
- 3. Heat a large grill pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sandwich halves to pan. Place a heavy skillet on top of sandwiches to weigh them down. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until bread is toasted and cheese melts. Cut each sandwich half in half again to form 4 equal portions. Serve immediately.
- Note: Focaccia may be substituted for ciabatta.
- Panini (pah-NEE-nee) translates as "rolls" or "little bread," but in Italy, the name is synonymous with sandwiches.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes