Prosciutto, Mozzarella, and Arugula Panini
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 347
- Fat: 13.3g
- Saturated fat: 5.1g
- Protein: 19.5g
- Carbohydrate: 38g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 1017mg
- Calcium: 222mg
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extravirgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (9-ounce) loaf ciabatta, cut in half horizontally
- 16 very thin slices prosciutto (about 4 ounces)
- 4 (1-ounce) slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices tomato (1 medium tomato)
- 1 cup lightly packed trimmed arugula or spinach
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- 2. Brush cut sides of bread with vinaigrette. Arrange prosciutto and next 3 ingredients over bottom half of bread; replace top half of bread. Cut loaf in half crosswise, and coat with cooking spray.
- 3. Heat a large grill pan or nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sandwich halves to pan. Place a heavy skillet on top of sandwiches to weigh them down. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until bread is toasted and cheese melts. Cut each sandwich half in half again to form 4 equal portions. Serve immediately.
- Note: Focaccia may be substituted for ciabatta.
- Panini (pah-NEE-nee) translates as "rolls" or "little bread," but in Italy, the name is synonymous with sandwiches.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note